We have created materials to support learning in literacy, numeracy, science, geography, citizenship and art, so that you have lots of opportunities to incorporate rainforests into your lessons and achieve key learning objectives. The resources also support the development of key skills such as creativity, communication, team work and problem solving.
There are four elements to the pack:
- Lesson plans, instructions and resources for teachers.
- Worksheets to accompany the lesson plans
- Additional supporting materials, including films, a rainforest sounds audio track, photo packs and an orangutan song.
- A Schools Fundraising Guide with ideas and tips about fundraising to support our work to protect orangutans, their forests and their future.
We will award an SOS certificate of achievement to a class when they complete the following levels:
- OranguFans – completed a lesson.
- Rainforest Guardians – completed a lesson and an assembly to the rest of the school.
- Rainforest Heroes – completed a lesson, an assembly, and a fundraising activity.
You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know when your class has completed one of the levels; we will send out your certificate and add your school’s name to our website.
If you would like to nominate SOS to be your school’s charity of the year or term, contact us and download our Schools Fundraising Guide for lots of ideas and tips to inspire classes to help us to help orangutans.
These resources were created exclusively for SOS by Rebecca Sutherland. Thanks also to Adam van Casteren, Beau Young, Adela Pickles, Pongo Foundation and Bethea Hanson-Jones.
Enter your details below if you would like to register for the free SOS Schools Pack – we will send you a link to download all of the resources.