What could be a better gift than helping to protect orangutans, their forest and their future?
Your friends will even be able to leave you a special birthday message.
You can set up your birthday fundraising page using JustGiving or Facebook.
Online fundraising tips
- Think about what to call your fundraising page or Facebook fundraiser. The more it reflects your personality and the catchier it is, the more likely people are to find it and be interested in clicking to see what you’re up to.
- Photo and video content is a great way of getting people engaged. You don’t need to be a professional photographer to do this – even a quick video uploaded from your phone will draw people’s attention, especially if it features you speaking honestly about why you’re fundraising for orangutans.
- Regular updates with news about how your fundraising is going (e.g. photos of you training to run a marathon, or setting up your kitchen for a big day of baking) will make sure your page keeps appearing in people’s news feeds.
- Encourage people to share your page. Shares by individuals can help a page go a lot further.
- Help us to find your page by tagging us (you can do this on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) so we can share your efforts too.
- If you’re posting on Twitter or Instagram, use hashtags (#orangutans, #SOSSumatra) to help like-minded people find your fundraiser.